As WI legislators prepare to debate the new state budget proposal, access to healthcare for tens of thousands Wisconsinites is at stake. BadgerCare provides healthcare to nearly 994,000 Wisconsinites, and if we pass the BadgerCare expansion in Tony Evers’ budget, 90,900 more residents living around or below the poverty level will receive coverage. But we need to pressure our legislators to see this expansion through by funding the “Healthy Communities” provisions in the current budget proposal. During the last budget session, the Republican-led legislature rejected the proposed BadgerCare expansion, and we cannot let them make the same mistake again. Tell your legislators to fund the Healthy Communities provisions, expand BadgerCare, and provide access to health care for nearly 91,000 Wisconsinites!
Tell the WI Legislature to fund “Healthy Communities” and Expand BadgerCare
MORE WAY TO FIGHT FOR HEALTHY COMMUNITIES:
- Share the campaign with your friends, family, and neighbors
- Call your legislator to urge them to support the Healthy Communities proposals. Don’t know who your state legislators are? Find out here.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper about the issue
- Testify in front of the Joint Committee on Finance at their upcoming hearings
- Urge the Joint Committee on Finance to support the governor’s health proposals by emailing them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in canvassing events organized by Coulee DSA
- Volunteer with the HealthCare Justice Working Group. To do so contact email@example.com